[OpenSIPS-Users] LRN dips with Dynamic Routing

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Wed Nov 23 14:25:45 CET 2011

Bogdan,

I don't think the uac_redirect module in this case is helpful.  The Contact
data that comes back from an LRN DIP's 302 isn't a real SIP URI, but rather
just some routing data that happens to be using a 302's Contact field as a
transport mechanism.

Kent,

Sorry for the late reply...  I do not.  I use string transformations to
yank out the portions I need.  Something like this in the onreply_route
from a 302 dip:

$var(lrnct) = $ct;
if !($(var(lrnct){param.value,rn}) == '') {
    $var(call_lrn1) = $(var(lrnct){param.value,rn});
    #....  more processing to clean up any leading 1's or +1s
}

I do not use the drouting module because my config is too old.  I use a
combination of the lcr module to load gateways for a particular carrier, or
if a carrier has only one IP/hostname, I pull it directly from a DB into an
AVP and route to it.

I take the LRN data from the DIP along with some other items
(jurisdiction/ani/etc) and feel it to a Perl script to do the actual LCR
carrier selection.  I keep all my carriers' rates in separate DB tables and
use mysql stored functions to normalize the rate lookup into a standard
format used by a while loop in the Perl script.  The rate function name
that gets called is another usr_preference per carrier.

I certainly don't pretend this is the most efficient way, but it does all
our needs better than anything else I have been able to come up with.

- Jeff