[OpenSIPS-Users] using dialog based topology_hiding in failover scenario

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:57:50 CET 2011

Hi All,
I tested the topology_hiding function in dialog module and it works well.
Now my scenario requires that I use topology_hiding function based on the
carrier where the call is supposed to go. And I use failure_route to
failover between multiple carriers. So the condition is, if 1st carrier
requires topology_hiding I enable it and route the call and if that call
fails, the next carrier might not need topology_hiding enabled so I need to
somehow undo the topology_hiding that I called while routing to the first
carrier.
Moreover, if I call the topology_hiding again for the second carrier, the
contact header gets malformed since the contact header is appended again
and the call fails because of invalid contact header.
One possible solution I thought of was calling the topology_hiding function
in the branch_route, but opensips would not start and logs an error saying
"Command cannot be used in the block".
Anyone with any possible workaround for this? Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks,

--- Jayesh