[OpenSIPS-Users] Session expires, calls disconnect

joel.oliveira joel.oliveira at interacesso.pt
Tue Nov 15 19:28:23 CET 2011

On a side note it's important to know the difference between Min-SE, Expires
and Session-Expires headers.

A quick, and maybe naive point of view, is:
. Min-SE : minimum Session-Expires value that should be use while
negotiating with this UAC, a UAC recieving this should change it's
Session-Expires so it can be bigger or equal to the requested Min-SE
. Session-Expires : value of Session-Expire requested by this UAC, how much
time will the Session be up
. Expires : time of expiration that the current SIP message has

On the "who sends what to whom" question it's better if you just do a sip
trace and understand how it goes. I may be wrong but as I recall it's the
"refresher" attribute of the Session-Expires header that controls who's
supposed to do the Re-Invite.

I started some threads regarding Session-timers, some read on that can help
your ( or maybe not :D ), either way it'll not hurt:
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/SST-module-422-returned-on-the-min-client-Min-SE-client-Session-Expires-lt-RFC-4028-gt-td6402338.html
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Session-Expires-with-incoming-calls-from-GW-with-client-with-no-Session-timers-td6788671.html

Best Regards,
Joel