[OpenSIPS-Users] best way to use one active one hot spare asterisk server behind OpenSIPS

gwallis gary.wallis at voicecarrier.com
Wed Nov 9 19:49:25 CET 2011

I have my phones using DNS-SRV for HA with two kept in sync Asterisk PBXs.

What is the best way to setup OpenSIPS (all my DIDs go to my OpenSIPS
server) to deal with both of my Asterisk servers. OpenSIPS seems to handle
DNS-SRV, but what is the recommended configuration for my simple topology.

[Vitelity/Bandwidth/Etc.]---[openSIPS as sip switch]---|---[Asterisk0]

|---[Asterisk1]