[OpenSIPS-Users] loadbalancer module and failure_route

Bobby Smith bobby.smith at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:54:46 CEST 2011

Greetings list --

I have a current problem I'm trying to solve around using the loadbalancer
module and the failure route.  The current scenario is as follows:

a) calculate destination based on load
b) current branch gets a failure (in this case, perhaps a 603)
c) failure route, with two options:  1) disable the offending host and try
load balancing again (bad), or what I'm trying to achieve, which is to
guarantee that in the context of this dialog we never try that destination
again on a failure_route.

Is there a relatively clear way from a scripting context to achieve this?
 The problem is that when one of our upstream hosts goes bad, he might
respond a 200 to options allowing processing of future requests to that
gateway from load balancer monitoring, but will be a "black hole" in the
sense that he will always receive the next call since the load is less than
the other hosts and will always return a 603.

I just need a method to have a running list of tried hosts for this dialog
in load balancing calculation, and to black list trying peers on that
particular list.

Thanks much,

Bobby Smith