[OpenSIPS-Users] Need ideas to tamper with CSeq

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.net
Thu Mar 31 18:55:53 CEST 2011

I don't mean to step on Cinthia's toe here, but I would like to add a little
to her comments / questions in response some follow ups here.  The problem
being presented has been acknowledged as a "bad" device, in violation of the
RFC.  And although it's not popular to work around issues, sometimes it is
necessary, and one of the great things about OpenSIPS is how flexible and
powerful it is.  The only problem here is the CANCEL, all other signaling
including the BYE appear to work fine with this phone.  Calls complete and
end just fine in all other cases.  I agree that perhaps a proxy shouldn't
have to do this, it is not an absolute in the real world that it would never
have to.  So this comes back to the initial question, and regardless of best
practice, is there a way when OpenSIPS receives a CANCEL to "help" it by
incrementing it's CSeq for it?

Thanks

-dg