[OpenSIPS-Users] Killing confirmed no-ack dialogs

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed Mar 30 20:47:16 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Brett Nemeroff <brett at nemeroff.com> wrote:
> Ovidiu,
> It's been a number of things. The two latest problems causing this are:
> 1. 200 Ok sent to call originator, originator never sends an ack. BUT then
> after about 15 seconds, the originator sends a BYE with a Max-Forwards of 0.
> (!!). Believe it or not, this happens a lot. Dialog stays active for 12
> hours in this case.
> 2. I have seen numerous UAs truncating RR uri params. Its ugly. Most of this
> I've fixed by setting DID_FALLBACK for dialog matching.
> There are numerous compatibility issues that I've seen pop up here are there
> that cause these dialogs to get "stuck". Basically, I don't want any dialog
> to stay in that unconfirmed state for any extended period of time. As Duane
> was saying, there is a lot of sense in just writing a cron job that just
> terminates dialogs that have been in that state for an extended period of
> time (which I've considered doing) but really would like to do this in the
> call flow itself.
> I don't believe I've seen the race condition you mentioned. So you
> mentioned:
> "For case 1. the dialog timeout should be set to a short value and the
> dialog should autoexpire by itself."
> The problem is that I can't change the dialog timeout to be large once
> confirmed, or at least, I don't know how. Specifically because the docs say
> that for the dialog timeout avp, it can only be changed in a *request*.
> Do you know some other way to do it?

This should be done by the dialog itself (nothing to do from the
script).  It's a bug.

As for the other question, I haven't followed closely the latest fixes
and additions to the dialog module.
You could try to set the dialog timeout avp to a small value in the
beginning and set it back to a higher value when an ACK is received,
but I haven't checked the code if this will work.