[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips.pid on Red Hat

Chris Stone axisml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:31:47 CET 2011

Toyimo,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Toyima Dias <toyimads at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't find the opensips.pid on Red Hat, it is not in the path:
> /var/run/opensips.pid
>
> Has somebody installed OpenSIPS on Red Hat and be able to find the pid of
> the process opensips? i'm trying to monitor the opensips process with
> "monit" and i need the full path of the process id...

Using it under CentOS5 - and using monit too. Although I don't use the
opensips.pid file for monit, instead I use:

check process opensips matching opensips
        start program = "/etc/init.d/opensips start"
        stop program = "/etc/init.d/opensips stop"
        if 5 restarts within 8 cycles then timeout

Works just fine...

Chris