[OpenSIPS-Users] Stopping a T.38 reinvite with Opensips loose_route()

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Mar 7 09:01:33 CET 2011

On 03/06/2011 10:52 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2011/3/6 Jeff Pyle<jpyle at fidelityvoice.com>:
>> Unfortunately the customer cannot disable T.38.  I'd like to be able to
>> reject the reinvite with a send_reply("488", "Not acceptable here") within
>> the loose_route() section.  Is this legit, or am I going to break things,
>> like getting the two endpoints' CSeqs out of sync?
>
> You are not going to break CSeq at all. The proxy is able to reject
> in-dialog requests depending on local policy. When the UA receives 488
> it does know that, in case of a new in-dialog request, it must use a
> greater CSeq, which of course will be valid in the other UA (it must
> be just higher than previous one, no matter how much higher).

What would happen if the other end sends a reinvite or other in-dialog
request? It didn't get the reinvite, so it doesn't know it happened.
Will OpenSIPS handle this situation as well? I'm not sure...

> But in your case, the problem is that when your UA receives the 488 it
> will probably send a BYE (it's the usual policy when a re-INVITE is
> rejected). But you can try it. You will not break SIP protocol at all.

Why? The RFC only states that if 481 or 408 is received the session must
be ended, but for any other error it shouldn't be AFAIK.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects