[OpenSIPS-Users] Stopping a T.38 reinvite with Opensips loose_route()

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Mar 6 22:52:33 CET 2011

2011/3/6 Jeff Pyle <jpyle at fidelityvoice.com>:
> Unfortunately the customer cannot disable T.38.  I'd like to be able to
> reject the reinvite with a send_reply("488", "Not acceptable here") within
> the loose_route() section.  Is this legit, or am I going to break things,
> like getting the two endpoints' CSeqs out of sync?

You are not going to break CSeq at all. The proxy is able to reject
in-dialog requests depending on local policy. When the UA receives 488
it does know that, in case of a new in-dialog request, it must use a
greater CSeq, which of course will be valid in the other UA (it must
be just higher than previous one, no matter how much higher).

But in your case, the problem is that when your UA receives the 488 it
will probably send a BYE (it's the usual policy when a re-INVITE is
rejected). But you can try it. You will not break SIP protocol at all.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>