[OpenSIPS-Users] registration timeout events?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Mar 3 09:38:55 CET 2011

Hi Paul,

Right now there is no way for an external application to find out when a
registration do timeout....Well there is a really ugly hack -> use DB
support for usrloc (preferable db_mode WRITE_THROUGH) and install in DB
usrloc table a trigger on DELETE query -> this will be triggered each
time opensips removes a contact. On trigger, you can push some info
about the removed contact in a different table which is monitored by
your external app...Again this is really ugly.

Anyhow, we have in plan to add in OpenSIPS an Event Interface (we will
soon publish the description) that will offer you an elegant and
efficient solution for this case.

Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to hook into registration removal events? I'd like to
> notify an external server when a user goes off-line, including when they
> don't deregister properly. I can call an external program in the route
> handling REGISTER requests but can't find any way to handle the case
> where a UAC loses network/power or simply crashes preventing it from
> deregistering properly.

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 28th February 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"