[OpenSIPS-Users] Custom RADIUS digest auth. request

Tiberiu Breana tiberiu.breana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:13:20 CEST 2011

Thanks, I solved it before reading this mail. I just logged in to post the
solution when I saw your reply :)
So, here's the solution for anyone interested in forwarding authentication
requests through freeRADIUS servers:

I used aaa_proxy_authorize (which seems fairly logical, since I am using a
foreign server for authentication) like this:

aaa_proxy_authorize("", "$fu"), where $fu is the URI of the "From" header
(which should contain your home domain).

To allow RADIUS forwarding, the desired realm should be declared in
freeRADIUS' proxy.conf, along with its corresponding IP and shared secret:

home_server HomeServerName {
type = auth
ipaddr = <RADIUS server IP address to which requests should be forwarded>
port = 1812
secret = xxx                           #shared with the foreign RADIUS
server
}

home_server_pool PoolName {
type = fail-over
home_server = HomeServerName
}

realm RealmName {              #RealmName is the domain specified in the