[OpenSIPS-Users] ICE How-To

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 23 09:20:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Jun 22, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Barsan Liviu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have built until now an OpenSIPs-MediaProxy server which knows far end NAT traversal, Messaging and Presence (basic), it works reliable.
> Now we would like to add ICE capability to this solution and we are not sure on How-To. According to http://mediaproxy-ng.org/wiki/ICE, we understood that is enough to set the mediaproxy modules parameters as written in the site, something like:
>
> ice_candidate="high-priority"
> ice_candidate_avp="$avp(s:ice_priority)"

The AVP is meant to be used for fine grained control, the ice_candidate module parameter should be enough in most cases.

> It is enough to have these settings?
> The rest will be done by MediaProxy and OpenSIPs automatically?

What do you mean by 'the rest' ? If you client is offering ICE and OpenSIPS/MediaProxy are mangling the signaling, that setting will make MediaProxy modify the SDP in such a way that ICE is not broken.

If you want to really test ICE you'll want to set the ice_candidate parameter to low-priority, otherwise chances are MediaPRoxy will always be used.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects