[OpenSIPS-Users] Preparing new major release 1.7.0

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Jun 8 19:05:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The plan is to put on the roll the preparing of a new major release for
opensips, to incorporate all the new things that were added :
     - RTP timeout notification in nathlper (via rtpproxy) with dialog
termination
     - better error handling for RTPproxy failover
     - dialog enhancement (dialog fixing, in-dialog pinging)
     - Event interface (datagram support)
     - registrant module
     - B2B module - internal API and DB persistence for restarts.
     - presence enhancement

We still have on the roll some work (to be finished in the next week) like:
     - avp auto aliasing (drop the i: and s: naming)
     - multi-insert in DB ops (for acc, siptrace, location).

The new release will be generated from trunk and a new branch will be
created for it. In the next days we will compile a detailed and complete
list of new things in opensips 1.7.

We also want to change a bit the release policy: after first level of
testing, a beta release (release candidate) will be made public ; this
code is intended to be used and tested "as final version" - eventual
bugs will be fixed, opening the way for the final stable release.
This is to improve the quality and stability of the stable release.

I will be glad to get feedback on :
     - what code/functionality is missing and should be in 1.7
     - the new release policy.

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"