[OpenSIPS-Users] Change Via-port based on Destination-port

joel.oliveira joel.oliveira at interacesso.pt
Wed Jun 8 18:00:25 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I am having problems with a D-Link Horstbox Professional DVA-G3342SB which
is behind a router and is not receiving any calls when registered in
OpenSIPs; when I register him on a Asterisk it does receive calls.

My 2 different configurations are:
a) Asterisk 1.4.26.2
b) Opensips 1.6.4 + Cisco Media GW

As you can see in the pastebin - http://pastebin.com/LXPf3mXe , in both
Request of Register by the client (Asterisk and OpenSIPs) the source-port is
different then the Via-port ( e.g. in Asterisk source-port=1024 and
via-port=1026 ), which by itself is very strange but Asterisk handles well
the situation. When placing a call to the client ( first Invite in the
pastebin ) it uses the same IP:port for both placing the SIP-message and the
Via-header delivering correctly the call.

In OpenSIPs: since the ports are different between the source and the
via-header, OpenSIPs identifies the user as behind NAT ( which is true ).
When placing a call to the client (the Last Invite on the Pastebin ) the via
and the destination-port are different because it uses both contact and the
received information from DB to generate the SIP Request and the call never
gets to the client.

So for the question to maybe solve my problem: Is it possible to clone the
Asterisk-behaviour, i.e. compare both via-IP and destination-IP and if they
are equal just change the via-port with the destination-port? Or by any
reason I am thinking this all wrong and should rethink this?

Thanks for your time - Best Regards,
Joel Oliveira