[OpenSIPS-Users] record_route and dialog module confusion

Jesse Cloutier jesse at cronomagic.com
Wed Jul 20 17:07:31 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am a little confused as to how our opensips proxy is fitting into our
topology. I have opensips setup as a proxy for dynamic routing and I
believe I have it set up for state full routing.

Our asterisk server calls the opensips proxy which calls one of our
providers based on the dr routing. What confuses me is that all
transactions after the initial invite go directly between our provider
and the asterisk server. Bypassing the opensips proxy. I am calling
record_route() on the calls so shouldnt all the transactions go through
the proxy as well?

I have also setup the dialog module and my dialogs never get destroyed
because opensips never gets the "bye".

Is calling record_route enough?

Thanks,
Jesse Cloutier