[OpenSIPS-Users] SMS gateway

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:55:57 CEST 2011

Hi Rajib,
You need to figure out the flow first. Need to identify the way you are
going to send out SMS. If you are planning to use a GSM modem then there is
a fantastic module available in opensips itself which you can refer to get
started. If you are planning to interface with some 3rd party SMS provider
over http you will have to create an application that will convert your SIP
requests into http requests and vice versa.
Take a look at the PHP-SIP package available to check how you can recognize
SIP MESSAGE and send it out. Alternatively you can also use open frameworks
like cipango which allows you to create SIP Servlets and act as a gateway
between SIP and HTTP request/response. We have created an SMS gateway using
Cipango framework, you can contact me off the list to know more about it.

Thanks,

--- Jayesh