[OpenSIPS-Users] Installing OpenSIPS on Red Hat

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:14:19 CET 2011

Hi Adrian,

 Not sure if this is what yer after though I am a CentOS x86_64 admin and
this is what I did. I don't have trouble with 'translation' (CentOS/Debian)
so much, its the dependencies that were and are always a huge pain. Once
those were figured out, all was well and working. I found all the info I
needed from searching the list archive.

I started with...

vi /etc/yum.repos.d/epel-repository

## Copy and paste the below
[epel]
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch
mirrorlist=
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=$basearch
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.its.dal.ca/pub/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL

# get a complete list of all packages so you can pick/choose
yum search opensips

# Install what you need
yum install opensips opensips-mysql ... etc.

These might be older than the current debian packages (not sure), though
I've had no issues and if anything these are stable versions. I wish
opensips and the commonly sought after tools
(mediaproxy/cdrtool/rtpproxy/sems..etc) were better RH supported, though
dependencies are more the problem than the opensips packaging itself. I
suppose I can't complain...if it were THAT important to me I would build my
own updated rpm's and have them to share with you.

 Come to think of it...if I were to create a software and give it out for
free...I would only support what I created in the first place. With the
tools I used. If you want it differently, create it.

All the best.

Skyler.