[OpenSIPS-Users] handling headers in B2b scenarios

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:22:04 CET 2011

Hi All,
I am trying to use B2B modules for specific application. The scenario is as
follows:
My Freeswitch sends a REFER request and I need my opensips in B2B mode to
handle the REFER request properly. I have used the REFER scenario explained
in the tutorial and it works as expected when the REFER-TO header is similar
to the format "sip:12345 at 192.168.2.15 <sip%3A12345 at 192.168.2.15>"
Now other thing that I am trying is, my FS(freeswitch) will send a REFER
request with REFER-TO header as
"sip:12345 at 192.168.2.15<sip%3A12345 at 192.168.2.15>;room=12345;pin=1234".
I require my opensips in B2B mode to extract these values which are "room"
and "pin" from the REFER-TO header and append them as custom-headers in the
INVITE message when transferring the call to 192.168.2.15.
Is this possible? Is it possible in the b2b scenario document to add custom
headers when the second leg is generated? Can i also extract the REFER-TO
header from the REFER message when using opensips in b2b mode.
I have observed that when the REFER-TO header contains additional parameters
like "room" and "pin" as in the above example the transfer is not done
properly. Opensips sends a 202 accepted, disconnects the connected call by
sending a BYE but it does not transfer the call to 192.168.2.15. Any help in
this regards will also help a bit.

Thanks all for the great response as always.....

--- Jayesh