[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS handling B2B features

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:05:59 CET 2011

You should be able to transfer a call from one OpenSIPS user to another
without anything special I believe.  Also depending on your SIP/PSTN carrier
you might also be able to do transfers from an OpenSIPS user to the PSTN.

OpenSIPS can also do Call Pickups that you mentioned in your first email.
You need to look at the pua_dialoginfo module.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Toyima Dias <toyimads at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Anca,
>
> To make transfers possibles, i would use REFER messages, and for this i
> would need to use B2BUA module of opensips, rigth?
>
> What about conferences? For conferences is the same procedure (REFER
> messages), but always handling a media b2bua, rigth?
>
> Is there a way to handle call transfer without the B2BUA module as REFER is
> a sequential request and should be routed like the other sequential request
> on the script (ACK, BYE, etc)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> 2011/1/25 Anca Vamanu <anca at opensips.org>
>
>>   On 01/25/2011 04:58 PM, Toyima Dias wrote:
>>
>> Hello my friends,
>>
>> I'm configuring a proxy with OpenSIPS, and the peers has individual
>> features that must be accomplished, like the following:
>>
>> - Transfering calls
>> - Conferences
>> - Call Pick UP
>>
>> I do understand that these features should be handled by a B2BUA and not
>> to a Proxy; but i've seen this link:
>>
>> http://www.opensips.org/Resources/B2buaTutorial#toc15
>>
>> You also need a media B2BUA for conferences, so you can not use only
>> OpenSIPS B2B.
>>

>> How can i achieve these features in OpenSIPS? Should i take care of the
>> REFER messages?
>>
>> --
>> Anca Vamanuwww.voice-system.ro

Duane