[OpenSIPS-Users] Can't get OpenSIPS to rewrite SDP media line with RTPproxy address

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Jan 20 11:53:04 CET 2011

Hi Ambert,

It is really strange as you say 1.2.1 does not work - have you tried
1.2.0 from http://rtpproxy.org/ ?

About debugging the not working version: run an ngrep to see the
communication between opensips and rtproxy (ngrep -d lo . port 8899), to
see if opensips is sending commands to rtpproxy and if there are replies
back.

ambertch wrote:
> Oops, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum
>
> Hey guys,
>
> I've been trying to set up RTPProxy behind Amazon EC2. So I suppose my
> problems are two-fold:
> 1. getting the SDP packet rewritten by the routing script
> 2. getting the correct behind-NAT setup for EC2
>
> 1. Bogdan mentions to check if SDP packets "have the IP of the rtpproxy in
> the "m" line - just to see if the RTPproxy was properly forced" here:
> http://www.openser.org/pipermail/users/2009-June/005996.html
>
> So in an attempt to do a sanity check I stuck rtpproxy_offer(); /
> rtpproxy_offer("", "my.ip.address"); at the top of route[0] just to see if
> anything changes. My nathelper config looks like:
>
> modparam("nathelper","force_socket","udp:127.0.0.1:8899")
> modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:127.0.0.1:8899")
>
> Nothing changes, it's always the client written "m=audio 46405 RTP/AVP 0 8
> 97 104 98 122 121 120 3 96."
>
> I'm wondering what the media line SHOULD look like after rtpproxy_offer()
> rewrites it? Any one have a packet trace I could go off of?
>

> 2. I checked out some posts from Daniel Goepp that detailed setting up
> RTPProxy behind EC2. I've applied the patch mentioned in the second link and
> recompiled rtpproxy 1.2.1 (though my changes did not match up with the diff
> attached in the second link), I don't know if my problems lie here yet if
> the SDP packet isn't even being rewritten, but I though I'd just give a
> heads up in terms of my environment.
> http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-behind-Static-NAT-Amazon-EC2-td4970920.html
> http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Rtpproxy-behind-the-NAT-td5008041.html
>

> Thanks!
> Ambert

OpenSIPS Event - expo, conf, social, bootcamp
2 - 4 February 2011, ITExpo, Miami,  USA
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"