[OpenSIPS-Users] making media proxy use all the cores in a server

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:30:24 CET 2011

Hello everyone,
Just to re-frame my question:
I am running media-relay on a dual-quadcore machine and media-relay is the
only application running on that server. But at any given point of time I
always see the first CPU being utilized and all other cores are idle. I
check this using the "top" command and then pressing 1. I intended to ask if
there is something to be done so that the media-relay application uses up
all the CPUs in the server so that the load-balancing between all the cores
are done properly?

Thanks for any feedback or corrections in this question !!

--- Jayesh