[OpenSIPS-Users] Some strange things with starting opensips

Chris Liu cachris68 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 14 05:26:40 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

We can use opensipsctl start and service opensips start to startupopensips, can
anybody show me the different of these two ways?

On my CentOS system, when I use service opensips start tostartup the system, no
opensips.pid in /var/run and I can find /tmp/opensips_fifo but it will disapear
in about 10 mins. If I use opensipsctl start to start the system,
/tmp/opensips_fifo and opensips.pid are fine.

But interest thing is seems service opensips start doesn't use the configure
file. I changed the name of configure file and try service opensips start, It
works with no error! Anybody know which configure file be use by it?
[root at OpenSIP1/etc/opensips]# mvopensips.cfgopensips.cfg_
[root at OpenSIP1/etc/opensips]# opensipsctl stop
INFO: Stopping OpenSIPS :
INFO: stopped
[root at OpenSIP1/etc/opensips]# opensipsctl start
INFO: Starting OpenSIPS :
INFO: started (pid: 15088)

[root at OpenSIP1/etc/opensips]# cat opensipsctlrc
# $Id: opensipsctlrc 7337 2010-10-28 22:02:46Z osas $
#
# The OpenSIPS configuration file for the control tools.
#
# Here you can set variables used in the opensipsctl and opensipsdbctl setup
# scripts. Per default all variables here are commented out, the control tools
# will use their internal default values.

## your SIP domain
SIP_DOMAIN=192.168.8.170

## chrooted directory
# $CHROOT_DIR="/path/to/chrooted/directory"

## database type: MYSQL, PGSQL, ORACLE, DB_BERKELEY, or DBTEXT,
## by default none is loaded
# If you want to setup a database with opensipsdbctl, you must at least specify
# this parameter.

DBENGINE=MYSQL

## database host

DBHOST=localhost

## database name (for ORACLE this is TNS name)
DBNAME=opensips

# database path used by dbtext or db_berkeley
# DB_PATH="/usr/local/etc/opensips/dbtext"

## database read/write user
DBRWUSER=opensips

## password for database read/write user
DBRWPW="opensipsrw"

## database read only user
DBROUSER=opensipsro

## password for database read only user
DBROPW=opensipsro

## database super user (for ORACLE this is 'scheme-creator' user)
# DBROOTUSER="root"

# user name column
# USERCOL="username"

# SQL definitions
# If you change this definitions here, then you must change them
# in db/schema/entities.xml too.
# FIXME

# FOREVER="2020-05-28 21:32:15"
# DEFAULT_ALIASES_EXPIRES=$FOREVER
# DEFAULT_Q="1.0"
# DEFAULT_CALLID="Default-Call-ID"
# DEFAULT_CSEQ="13"
# DEFAULT_LOCATION_EXPIRES=$FOREVER

# Program to calculate a message-digest fingerprint
# MD5="md5sum"

# awk tool
# AWK="awk"

# grep tool
# GREP="grep"

# sed tool
# SED="sed"

# Describe what additional tables to install. Valid values for the variables
# below are yes/no/ask. With ask (default) it will interactively ask the user
# for an answer, while yes/no allow for automated, unassisted installs.
#

# If to install tables for the modules in the EXTRA_MODULES variable.
# INSTALL_EXTRA_TABLES=ask

# If to install presence related tables.
# INSTALL_PRESENCE_TABLES=ask

# Define what module tables should be installed.
# If you use the postgres database and want to change the installed tables,
# then you must also adjust the STANDARD_TABLES or EXTRA_TABLES variable
# accordingly in the opensipsdbctl.base script.

# opensips standard modules
# STANDARD_MODULES="standard acclcr domain group permissions registrar usrloc
#                   msilo alias_db uri_db speeddialavpopsauth_db pdtdialog
#                   dispatcher dialplandroutingnathelper load_balancer"

# opensips extra modules
# EXTRA_MODULES="imc cpl siptracedomainpolicycarrierrouteuserblacklist b2b"

## type of aliases used: DB - database aliases; UL - usrloc aliases
## - default: none
ALIASES_TYPE="DB"

## control engine: FIFO or UNIXSOCK
## - default FIFO
# CTLENGINE=xmlrpc

## path to FIFO file
 OSIPS_FIFO="/tmp/opensips_fifo"

## MI_CONNECTOR control engine: FIFO, UNIXSOCK, UDP, XMLRPC
# MI_CONNECTOR=FIFO:/tmp/opensips_fifo
# MI_CONNECTOR=UNIXSOCK:/tmp/opensips.sock
# MI_CONNECTOR=UDP:192.168.2.133:8000
# MI_CONNECTOR=XMLRPC:192.168.2.133:8000

## check ACL names; default on (1); off (0)
# VERIFY_ACL=1

## ACL names - if VERIFY_ACL is set, only the ACL names from below list
## are accepted
# ACL_GROUPS="local ld int voicemail free-pstn"

## verbose - debug purposes - default '0'
# VERBOSE=1

## do (1) or don't (0) store plaintext passwords
## in the subscriber table - default '1'
# STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0

## OPENSIPS START Options
## PID file path - default is: /var/run/opensips.pid
PID_FILE=/var/run/opensips.pid

## Extra start options - default is: not set
# example: start opensips with 64MB share memory: STARTOPTIONS="-m 64"
# STARTOPTIONS=

#>cat /etc/init.d/opensips

#!/bin/bash
#
# Startup script for OpenSIPS
#
# chkconfig: 2345 20 80
#
# processname: opensips
# pidfile: /var/run/opensips.pid
# config: /etc/opensips/opensips.cfg
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: opensips
# Required-Start: $local_fs $network $named
# Should-Start: mysqldpostgresql
# Short-Description: start, stop OpenSIPS
### END INIT INFO

# Source function library.
. /etc/init.d/functions

oser=/sbin/opensips
prog=opensips
RETVAL=0

[ -f /etc/sysconfig/$prog ] && . /etc/sysconfig/$prog

start() {
        echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
        # there is something at end of this output which is needed to
        # report proper [ OK ] status in Fedora scripts
        daemon $oser $OPTIONS 2>/dev/null
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/$prog
}

stop() {
        echo -n $"Stopping $prog: "
        killproc $oser
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/$prog /var/run/$prog.pid
}

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
        start)
                start
                ;;
        stop)
                stop
                ;;
        status)
                status $oser
                RETVAL=$?
                ;;
        restart|reload)
                stop
                start
                ;;
        condrestart)
                if [ -f /var/run/opensips.pid ] ; then
                        stop
                        start
                fi
                ;;
        *)
                echo $"Usage: $prog
{start|stop|reload|restart|condrestart|status|help}"
                exit 1
esac

exit $RETVAL

Thanks