[OpenSIPS-Users] new install and INVITES not being forwarded

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Wed Jan 12 13:17:30 CET 2011

I am having a problem with running opensips in debug level 6. When
opensips is set to this I am finding that it takes a long time to
respond to register requests (over 5 seconds compared to a fraction of a
second) which means that my phone times out when trying to register so I
cannot then debug trying to send calls through.

Any ideas?

DNS timeouts are a common cause for these sort of pauses. Are there any
specific DNS setup requirements that opensips has that I might have missing?

Thanks
Gareth