[OpenSIPS-Users] prepaid with call plan

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jan 6 12:45:40 CET 2011

Hi Dani,

OpenSIPS is a SIP server so it does not care at all about rating plans,
billing profiles, etc...It is doing only the SIP part.

So, from PrePaid perspective, opensips is a SIP call controller, which
keeps that state of the call and it is able to terminate (from middle)
an ongoing call when instructed (from outside).

Typically you integrate opensips with a billing/rating engine. Most used
approaches are:
    - when call is established, opensips queries the billing engine (DB,
RADIUS, custom ) to see what's the maximum duration for that call ; so
opensips will terminate the call if this max duration is exceeded. (you
can use the dialog module)
    - opensips informs the billing when a new call is established
(again, DB, RADIUS, etc) and allows the billing to trigger the call
termination from outside (like billing is keep computing costs and when
there is no more credit, it notifies opensips to terminate the call) -
again, you can use here the dialog module with the dlg_end_dlg command
via XMLRPC .