[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips 1.6.x and media dispatcher

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 4 08:52:24 CET 2011

Hi,

On 31/12/10 2:38 PM, Richard Revels wrote:
> I backed off opensips to the same revision I'm using in Production, upgraded opensips to latest 7621 revision, installed a new sandbox Python, copied over the sandbox directory tree from a Production server, and recompiled everything from the ground up numerous times.  Not all at once of course.  These were different things I tried.  :>   None of this helped.  I don't know what the heck this is but I'm now sure it's something about this particular OS install rather than any SIP application.  And that it's a problem for next year.

Looks like you are not running a Debian system, which is what we use and
support. Just to be on the safe side, install the versions of the
packages you would find in Debian unstable (sid).

> Thank you for the response.  I remembered seeing a new release of Media Proxy within the last couple of months with a comment that a bug was fixed that could cause the software to crash under heavy load.  My first thought when I saw this was Whoops!  must have been an update to the opensips module too.  :>

That bug only occurred very very rarely (seen it twice in months) and
the change didn't involve any fixes in the communication with OpenSIPS.

> I think that revision was between the 1.6.3 release tag and the 1.6.4 release by the way.

Then it should just work :-)

Let me know if you run into issues again once you have updated the software.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects