[OpenSIPS-Users] xlog works half the time

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Sun Feb 27 10:59:32 CET 2011

Hi Brian,

Brian Artigas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just built a new VM running CentOS 5.4 with the latest stable
> version of OpenSIPS from svn – I’m assuming 1.6.4-2. I copied my cfg
> file that worked perfectly on another VM that was running 1.6.1 to the
> new VM. I tweaked a few things: IP address, modules location, and
> commented out all mi_datagram module lines, and since xlog is included
> in the core, I commented out the loadmodule “xlog.so” line.
>
> I’m now running into an issue where the xlog comments only work up to
> about half way down the script. I can’t figure out for the life of me
> why. Does anyone know why it would work for the top half of the script
> but not the bottom half?

are you sure your script execution gets in the "lower half of your
script" ?? Maybe the changes you did when moving the script affected a
bit the script logic and it bails out in the "upper half" of the script,
on a different path.

> For instance I have route 3 that handles invite requests. The first
> half of the route handles incoming calls, the second half handles
> outgoing calls. I get logging on all of the incoming calls, but none
> of the outgoing calls. Again, aside from the tweaks mentioned above
> this file is exactly the same as the one that works perfectly on
> 1.6.1. Any thoughts?

you can try in parallel (in the same spots) using xlog and log function
- log is a more basic function (does not accept vars to print), but just
to check if your script gets at that point.

> Thanks,
>
> Brian

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 28th February 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"