[OpenSIPS-Users] issues with sharing media-relay between multiple opensips proxies

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:48:57 CET 2011

I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are trying to do.  You
should only call engage_media_proxy once though.

Look at what Dan Pascu says in his reply.
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/multiple-use-media-proxy-calls-td5945057.html#a5947893
"*2. by calling use_media_proxy twice, the 2nd call won't overwrite the
previous value. Unfortunately, this is not a mediaproxy issue, is a generic
opensips issue that results from the way changes are applied to the existing
message using lumps. Any other opensips function that modifies the message,
if called twice will corrupt the message by appending each change after each
other, instead of overwriting the previous one. So in case of mediaproxy you
will see 2 IP addresses concatenated like: xx.xx.xx.xxyy.yy.yy.yy where the
IP address was replaced.* "

So you need to figure out how to only engage_media_proxy once if you are
going to use two OpenSIPS servers.

Hope that helps.
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Jayesh Nambiar <jayesh.voip at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a scenario:
> I use two instances of opensips for routing a specific kind of call. The
> call comes on opensips1 and then is routed to opensips2 and then to the
> destination IP. Both opensips are on different servers connecting to their
> own media-dispatcher.sock. The dispatchers on both the servers connect to
> same media-relay on a third server.
> Now, if at any given point of time, for a same call if both the opensips
> does an engage_media_proxy which actually invokes the same media-relay twice
> for the same call, there is no voice. While, if I do engage_media_proxy on
> any one opensips the audio is proper.
> Any known specific reason for this? I know I did not dig more into the
> problem as I first needed to know if there is a logical problem in this kind
> of routing !!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --- Jayesh

Duane