[OpenSIPS-Users] How to modify the 100 Trying packet

Dave Singer dave.singer at wideideas.com
Mon Feb 7 19:10:14 CET 2011

The 100 Trying is sent out to the originating server/user
automatically when you send the invite off to the next destination
with t_relay and exit in the main routing script.
The 100 Trying you receive in the on_reply is just to let you know
that the next hop is not dead and it is working on it. Your server
only uses it for it's timeout for the call to that server.
See the optional flags in the t_relay docs:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id271564
That should get you going.
FYI if (is_method("TRYING")) would always be false since the method is
INVITE and the status message would be Trying or "Giving a try" or
something else. Never count on the status message, just the code.
Different servers send back different messages. Unless you are
factoring that in.
I think you actually might be looking for fix_nated_contact. Check
that out. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Dave