[OpenSIPS-Users] How many TLS connections can an opensips server handle?

yufei.tao yufei.tao at redembedded.com
Thu Feb 3 13:30:28 CET 2011

Hi List

Can anyone give me an idea on how many TLS/TCP connections an opensips
server can handle? Not sure if this is a fair question even. Or does the
number depend rather on the operating system underneath? If so does
opensips impose any further limitations?

A bit background: all our SIP clients use TLS connections for security
reasons. The connections will be kept open using keep-alives once the
clients are registered. I've got a opensips 1.6.2+tls running in a
virtual machine (with Ubuntu 10.0.4), and the virtual machine runs on a
host that agains runs Ubuntu 10.0.4. I want to get an idea how many SIP
clients this server can support, as TLS is obviously more 'expensive'
than UDP.

Thanks very much in advance!

Yufei