[OpenSIPS-Users] Pointing auth_db at remote database, OpenSIPS is expecting a local-like schema?

ambertch ambertch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:47:05 CET 2011

I pointed auth_db at a remote DB and table via the following:

modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "mysql://user:pass@server/MY_REMOTE_DB")
if (!www_authorize("serve.name", "users")) {

Doing this, it complains that the table "MY_REMOTE_DB.version" doesn't
exist.
When I create MY_REMOTE_DB.version and copy over opensips.version, it then
complains about users not being the correct version.

I addressed this by noting a db entry in opensips.version for the default
user storage table of subscriber = 7 and adding users = 7 that into
MY_DB_NAME.version

It works, but it looks to me that pointing to a remote db, some logic in
OpenSIPS is expecting the same things as if auth_db were pointed locally. Is
there any way to address this so I can remove the opensips version table
from MY_REMOTE_DB?

Thanks!
Ambert