[OpenSIPS-Users] dispatcher ds_probing_sock with virtual ip

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Sun Dec 25 21:11:10 CET 2011

You should not set net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1 unless you *really*
know what you want to do (a true hot standby).
You set the listen param correctly and you should try to start
opensips *only* on the active node.
If opensips is not able to start (to bind to the HA IP) it means that
your HA setup is wrong.

You need to set net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1 only if you want to mirror
registration on the hot standby and when the HA IP migrates from one
host to another, opensips is already up and running.  This setup
require a well crafted config.
My suggestion would be to keep opensips running *only* on the active
node.  When the HA IP migrates from active to standby, just let the HA
scripts to start opensips.  It is easier to setup and troubleshoot.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

--
VoIP Embedded, Inc.