[OpenSIPS-Users] Totally Stunned about this No Audio Going Out

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:07:01 CET 2011

I think the time when you were having full audio w/o any RTP proxy was due
to the fact that you've everything on the same subnet.
In my opinion you'll need  RTPproxy eventually whenever you deploy it in
real environments.

I cant tell the exact reason for destination unreachable, maybe the virtual
IP has something to do with it.

To configure RTP proxy you need to do following.
1- Start RTPproxy in bridged mode i.e #*/usr/sbin/rtpproxy -l
<externalipofproxy>/<internalipofproxy> blah blah switches*
2- Set module params in opensips.cfg file, and find out the point in main
route where call is forwarded to Asterisk Server VIP, just before that
 write the function "*force_rtp_proxy("ei")*"
3- hmmm..on BYE or CANCEL you need to unforce rtp proxy as well.

Thats all I could think about it so far.

Regards,
Sammy