[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP/SIMPLE to XMPP Gateway for SMS

DMF dmflists+opensips at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:03:47 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm looking for a SIP/SIMPLE to XMPP gateway solution and my google searches
have brought me here. I have an account with a voip provider that supports
SMS via SIP/SIMPLE MESSAGE (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3428).
Unfortunately, I'm stuck using an old Blackberry which doesn't have any good
SIP apps, the only one that I've found that supports RFC3428 doesn't work
properly. I'm hoping that I can setup OpenSIPS to receive the SIP/SIMPLE
messages from my voip provider and forward them to an XMPP server like
openfire and be able to receive/respond to these messages via an XMPP
client. Would this be possible with OpenSIPS? Also, would it be possible to
have each message come from a unique XMPP user so that responses can be
tracked to the proper source?

Thanks.