[OpenSIPS-Users] MediaProxy/FreeRadius configuration file read Error

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:26:29 CET 2011

Hello Tijmen,

Thank you so much for your response. I think I was not able to explain
my problem:

I have the config file specified in /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini:

config_file = /etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf

When running media dispatcher "media-dispatcher --no-fork", I get the following:

gc: collectable <list 0x9bceaec>
fatal error: cannot read the RADIUS configuration file
fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Dispatcher: 'localhost'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/media-dispatcher", line 62, in <module>
    dispatcher = Dispatcher()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mediaproxy/dispatcher.py",
line 526, in __init__
    self.accounting =
[__import__("mediaproxy.interfaces.accounting.%s" % mod.lower(),
globals(), locals(), [""]).Accounting() for mod in
set(Config.accounting)]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mediaproxy/interfaces/accounting/radius.py",
line 59, in __init__
    self.handler = RadiusAccounting()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mediaproxy/interfaces/accounting/radius.py",
line 87, in __init__
    secret = secrets[server]
KeyError: 'localhost'

By changing "acctserver" in radiusclient.conf from "localhost", to "127.0.0.1"
fixes the issue however, I am now having problems with additonal
dictionaries (e.g.):

fatal error: failed to create MediaProxy Dispatcher:
dictionary.rfc5904(16): Parse error: Illegal type: short

Commenting out the lines in the different dictionary files, I would
have to go through many FreeRadius
dictionary files in /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.