[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips - asterisk registrations

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:28:04 CET 2011

I'm a little confused about Opensips doing the registrations for Asterisk.

I integrated Opensips with Asterisk Realtime (Asterisk sipusers/peers point to Opensips subscribe table via a view). Opensips does the authorization and saves the location. However, when a call comes in (INVITE is routed to Asterisk), it seems like Asterisk doesn't know about the user (or sees the users as not authorized), so can't create the SIP channel.

If I route the REGISTER to Asterisk after authorizing in Opensips (and doing a consume_credentials()), Asterisk does the Authorization again from scratch. In that case call goes through, but I end up duplicating the authorization process. If I don't use consume_credentials(), Asterisk's authorization challenge doesn't match with Opensips, the user is not authenticated.

I was hoping to take the load of handling registrations from Asterisk.  I'm fairly new to both Asterisk and Opensips - what am I missing?

Thanks,
Matt