[OpenSIPS-Users] Unregistered Calls

Rodrigo Ferreira rodrigo.ferreira at vipway.net.br
Thu Aug 25 22:43:06 CEST 2011

Hey guys,

I'm configuring a new opensips server, and it's been a while since the last time that I did one. I'm following the book "Building Telephony Systems with Opensips 1.6" by Flavio E. Goncalves, and everything is working good so far, but I have some doubts.

When trying to figure it out, how Opensips handle those unregistered calls, searching about this, I found that this part of code handle that.

if (!is_uri_host_local()) {
    if(is_from_local()) {
        route(1);
    } else {
        sl_send_reply("403","Not Here");
    }
}

But, running a few tests, trying to dial from a unregistered phone, I'm not getting the error 403, actually, I'm not getting any error at all, my phone just keeping dialing over and over again, without get any error.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Eng.º Rodrigo Ferreira
Supervisor de Telecomunicações
Fone: (13) 4010-1037
Cel: (13) 9615-7774
VIPWay Serviços de Telecomunicações LTDA