[OpenSIPS-Users] Multiple Presence Servers

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Aug 8 21:42:04 CEST 2011

Hi James,

I thing your approach on multi Presence Servers is correct. You cannot
simple fork the SUBSCRIBE to all servers, as this will break how
presence works.

the presence state must stay on a single server, so all PUBLISHs for
entity A and all SUBSCRIBES to entity A must go to the same presence server.

On 08/05/2011 11:31 AM, James Lamanna wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know if it is possible to have multiple presence servers.
> The idea is to distribute SUBSCRIBE messages around so that each
> presence server is aware of all subscriptions.
> However, it seems as though there is a problem with the to_tag when
> doing this since it is used as a matching mechanism.
> When we have subscription renewals from a phone, it transmits the
> to_tag of the server it was registered with initially.
> This server then tries to distribute the SUBSCRIBE to the other
> servers. However, because each server generated its own to_tag
> with the initial SUBSCRIBE, each server returns with a 481
> Subscription Not Found.
>
> Is there any way to work around this issue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- James

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"