[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy losing audio after on-hold?

Henk Hesselink opensips-users at voipro.nl
Sat Apr 23 17:51:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

We occasionally have calls losing audio after the call has been put on
hold for a while (1-2 minutes) if the caller is behind NAT.  What
happens is:

1. caller puts call on-hold
2. after 1-2 minutes the NAT binding times out
3. caller takes call back
4. the REINVITE has new ports
5. mediaproxy doesn't pick up on the new ports
6. no audio

If the caller transfers the call (i.e. a new INVITE) then there is no
problem.

Is there something special we need to do when processing the REINVITE
to tell mediaproxy to pick up the new ports?  We use separate calls to
use_media_proxy and end_media_session, we don't use engage_media_proxy.

Thanks,

Henk