[OpenSIPS-Users] doubled-up connection IP with use_media_proxy()

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu Apr 21 23:14:05 CEST 2011

I went over my config and I think the logic is sound.  I'll verify it on a dev box tonight once traffic is low.

The call flow is serial forking from one carrier gateway to another when the first sends a 503.

 *   load prefs for first gateway
 *   use_media_proxy()
 *   t_relay() INVITE to first gateway
 *   receive 503
 *   end_media_session() in failure_route[]
 *   load carrier prefs for second gateway
 *   use_media_proxy()
 *   t_relay() INVITE to second gateway
 *   receive 400 (because of jacked up c= line)
 *   end_media_session()

The dispatcher log seems to jive with this.  I've got a "remove" command from the end_media_session() after the first gateway, and the subsequent stats (all 0s), and a "remove" command from the second end_media_session() and more stats.  I think the commands are hitting correctly.

Is it not correct to use(), end(), use(), end()?  Once I use(), is it impossible to end()?*

- Jeff

* not referring to a substance abuse issue.  really.