[OpenSIPS-Users] db_postgres: no private memory left

thrillerbee thrillerbee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:56:01 CEST 2011

I'm trying to track down the source of the following errors in syslog:

/usr/local/sbin/opensips[25490]: WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not enough free
memory, will atempt defragmenation
/usr/local/sbin/opensips[25490]: ERROR:core:db_allocate_rows: no memory
left
/usr/local/sbin/opensips[25490]: ERROR:db_postgres:db_postgres_convert_rows:
no private memory left

What makes this even more unusual is that it will print these errors at
almost exactly 30-min intervals for several hours and then just stop. For
example, last night, it printed the above errors at:
23:56:00
00:26:08
00:56:08
01:26:03
01:56:05
02:26:03
02:56:01
03:26:02
and then it stopped...

I see no errors in postgresql logs and I haven't yet found any issues with
the actual performance of OpenSIPS. I have increased private memory to 100MB
and continue to see this randomly. This OpenSIPS instance is using drouting
module with about 16,000 lines in the dr_rules table.

Any advice would be appreciated to help narrow down the source of these
messages.

Thanks,
Ryan