[OpenSIPS-Users] Future of 1.6 and 2.0

Simon Casa scasa at email.it
Tue Apr 19 17:31:27 CEST 2011

HI all,

I'm planning to develop (in the next months) a new installation based on
OpenSIPS but I'm worried about the maintenance of this installation.
Indeed I don't know what is the future of the 1.6.x version of opensips
and when it will be replaced totally by the coming 2.0.
Could I know what are the develop, full support, bug fix support last
date and when do you suggest start using the 2.0?

I don't think the configuration will be compatible for both 1.6 and 2.0,
or I'm wrong?
Will the 2.0 be released with the GPL license?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Simon