[OpenSIPS-Users] Could I build a "SIP firewall" with OpenSIPS?

Kamen Petrov kamen.petrov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:57:43 CEST 2011

While we are on that matter.. I want to hear your opinion guys.
Despite it is opensips or something else, the fraud calls are a huge issue
now days... especially in the pinless scenarios.

Here is the problem: the DID provider sends the call in -> the call is
authenticated by caller id -> the call is processed
In that scenario the DID provider sends fake caller ID.

To handle that issue, one of my customers wants to implement this:
http://www.trustid.com/solutions/

<http://www.trustid.com/solutions/>Looking trough their demo, this sounds
too much like science fiction to me. As far as someone is working with
caller IDs all over the world, there is no any good way to determinate if
the caller id is real or not. Up to my knowledge, the only really secured
way is to receive the incoming calls directly trough PSTN rather than VoIP.

Do you feel like me this company cannot provide what they sell or you have
any vision different than mine? Please share your opinion :)
*
Thanks
-- Kamen*