[OpenSIPS-Users] uac_replace_from and two openSIPS 1.6.4

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Apr 5 21:31:21 CEST 2011

Hi Anton,

On 04/05/2011 05:44 PM, Anton Zagorskiy wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
>>> Where is a problem?
>> The problem is that whatever you do in the main request route does apply
>> all the branches (existing or future) of that request.  So you
>> uac_replace_from (from 1) does apply to all branches, including to the
>> branch you create in failure route).
>>
>> The correct approach will be to use a branch_route[] where to do the
>> from/to replacements, instead of request route.
>
> Using branch_route[] I'm getting in log:
> ERROR:uac:replace_uri: decline FROM replacing in sequential request in auto
> mode (has TO tag)
>
> Could you explain a bit more?

well, as the message says, it is forbidden to try to change the FROM/TO
header after the dialog was established (for a sequential request) - you
do this operation only when the dialog is created (for the initial
INVITE). Otherwise you will break the consistency of the SIP dialog.

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"