[OpenSIPS-Users] "Asterisk Contexts" in OpenSIPS

Deon Vermeulen vermeulen.deon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:59:18 CEST 2010

Hi Stan

Once again, thanks for the lightning fast response.

I understand that I can't just take the Asterisk Context style  and
put that on OpenSIPS.
I just thought hat the concept of Contexts would make it easier to
understand what I need to achieve.
I also know about the drouting and Domains. Just have no idea how to
use them to achieve my goal(s).
I have no prior programing skills, but very eager to learn.
  Just need a "jump" start with a couple examples or actually hoping
for a complete "test" config file just to get me started.

Let me try and explain a scenario as brief as I possibly can.

I have Company A (Domain A) and Company B (Domain B).

Domain A and B should be completely Transparent to each other.

See like Domain A and B in their own respective Bubbles completely
separated from each other, each with functions like Hunt groups, IVRs,
Conferencing, Presence, Music on Hold, etc...

Extension 123 should be able to exist in both Domains and make/receive
calls.

Domain A and B should not be able to make any VOICE calls between each
other, but via their respective PSTN/GSM Gateways, unless they are put
in a Group/Class allowing them. Both Bubbles in a bigger bubble.

Each Domain should have their own respective PSTN, GSM, etc Gateways
and be completely transparent to the other Domain, ie. Domain A should
not be able to use any of Domain Bs gateways to make/receive calls and
vise-versa.

Hope this gives you the picture of what I need to achieve.

Thanks again for the response and help.
Really appreciate it.

Regards
Deon