[OpenSIPS-Users] nat_traversal nat_keepalive vs. fix_contact

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Sep 30 09:00:15 CEST 2010

On 29 Sep 2010, at 05:37, Jody Rudolph wrote:

> All,
>

> Is there any reason that nat_keepalive and fix_contact should not be
> used on the same register message? When both are used as shown
> below, the keep-alives are not sent. If the fix_contact is commented
> out the keep-alives are sent, however, the RFC1918 contact is sent
> to the registrar.

You should not fix the contact for REGISTER messages. The whole system
not only works just fine without it, it is required by the RFC that
the contact is not modified.
I can't recall right now why it behaves like you describe, but I'd
venture to guess that since you fixed the contact and it was saved
with a public IP, the keepalive system ignores it, considering that it
doesn't need keepalives anymore.