[OpenSIPS-Users] Strange Behaviour

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Sep 28 17:40:39 CEST 2010

Hi Deon,

Deon Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi All
>

> My Network layout is as follows:
>
> Phone (Soft/IP, etc) ------------
> (LAN - Private IPs)		   |
> 						Firewall -> ----- Internet 1Mbps (idle 95% of the time)
> (DMZ - Public IPs)		   |
> OpenSIPS Server --------------
>

> LAN Private IPs get NATed when connecting to OpenSIPS.
>
> On LAN Instant Messaging, Calls and Presence work 100%.
>

>  From 3G or from any other internet connection I experience the
> following:
>
> 1. Calls - When I make a call from any device the callee phone rings.
> 		 When callee answers nothing happens. Callee shows as complete call
> setup but caller still sees as ringing.
> 		 The call then get dropped after +- 28 seconds.

I suspect is something related to NAT traversal ....maybe the far-end
NATs are differently "seen" than the ones from the local NAT....

Maybe if you make a trace of the signalling (ngrep) on the server, we
can see what the problem is.....BTW, do you do NAT traversal in your
script ? :D

> 2. Instant Messaging - I can only send a single message, but can not
> reply to it and not send any messages after that.
>
> 3. Presence - just doesn't work.
>

> Opensips Console -> "Sip Trace"  gives me "Error: Proxy not set in
> local config ($proxy_list)?" when selecting Call icon next to
> SUBSCRIBE/INVITE method line.

well, the error is quite self explanatory - in CP, in the local.inc.php
for siptrace (dir config/tools/system/siptrace ) - put the IP of your
opensips in $proxy_list...