[OpenSIPS-Users] TLS relay blocked as server retries stale locations

yufei.tao yufei.tao at redembedded.com
Tue Sep 7 12:27:02 CEST 2010

Hello

I have set up opensips1.6.2 for TLS. All is fine under normal
conditions. But there is a problem for the server to relay properly if 2
SIP clients are turned on and off a few times, which results in a few
stale entries in the location table. Then client1 calls client2:

   client1                   server                  client2

             ... ...                  ... ...

           ---INVITE--->             ---INVITE--->
           <---Ringing---            <---Ringing---
           <---OK---                 <---OK---
           ---ACK--->

And ACK isn't relayed to client2 (on time), as server is busy retrying
(and failing) relay INVITE to the stale entries in the location table.
It takes too long for the box so call is dropped.

I have tried to reduce tcp_connect_timeout to 1, and children=8
according to
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@lists.opensips.org/msg03199.html
But still not working.

I wonder if it's possible to let opensips relay on a separate branch for
each entry in the location table for a client, so that when one branch
has received 180/OK, I can cancel the other branches. But don't know if
it is possible, or if yes, how to do it? Or, should it be done in any
other ways?

Thank you very much!