[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA Transfers Intermittently Working/Not Working (Bug?)

Brett Woollum brett at woollum.com
Thu Oct 21 06:05:39 CEST 2010

Anca,

I've discovered that the REFER messages sent from the phones to the OpenSIPS server/B2BUA are not receiving a 202 Accepted reply from the B2BUA module, and as a result, the phones continue to re-send the REFER's. The B2BUA module doesn't recognize the additional REFER's because it has already torn down the original call leg. As a result the additional REFER's are processed in the route script which is wrong and causes the 404 Not Found errors.

Here is what's happening: (assume a call already exists):
The phone sends a REFER to the B2BUA
The B2BUA sends BYE back to the phone
The B2BUA invites the new leg of the call to the other phone
The original phone continues to send REFER's to the B2BUA module, which responds with 404 Not Found's

I believe there should be a 202 Accepted sent from the B2BUA module to the phone in response to the first REFER message, not a BYE (or maybe both Accepted and BYE). But there is no 202 Accepted coming from the B2BUA module to the phone.

Scroll to the bottom of http://www.woollum.com/temp/opensips.txt to view my B2BUA XML config, which specifies that the B2BUA should respond with a 202 Accepted before ending the call leg. This is not happening like it should....

I am running OpenSIPS 1.6.3 on CentOS 5.5 x64 (on an AMD platform).

Brett Woollum
Brett at Woollum.com