[OpenSIPS-Users] About Nat Traversal and Stun

CheeWii quanwei87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 05:19:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

   I want to solve the nat traversal problem, and I read the great book
"Building Telephony System with Opensips 1.6.0". Now I encounter some
doubts.

   From the book,I know the STUN solution is considered a near-end NAT
traversal solution. And I think a near-end NAT traversal solution is
implemented on the client-side. Why does Opensips have the module named
stun? What is the relationship of the stun module in Opensips and the
stun in client?

  In addition,what is  the main and effective solutions in Opensips to solve
the nat traversal problem?

  Best wishes~

CheeWii